I will first apologise for the varying quality of these pictures, some where taken on my camera and others hurriedly on my iPhone!
I ate an unbelievable amount on my travels and these where the best spots...
-Great for macaroons & cookies, but honestly it's all good.
- Great for American diner style food, awesome nachos and tater tots.
- Great for drinks, best mojito's & dark and stormy's in the city. I didn't eat here but judging on how busy this place gets it's pretty darn good.
- One the best Indian meals I've ever had, all the way through from cocktails to dessert this place was amazing.
- Known for its chocolate goodness. The fondue was great, the crepes unfortunately not so much...
However just go and indulge in a hot chocolate or the cocktails at least!
- Great for all round lunch, especially the burgers and oysters (not together obvs).
Honestly it's hard to eat bad food here, Being so close to the coast the seafood is fresh and delicious, so whether you want a sit down meal or a lobster roll by the highway, here you can have it all.
Does it need an intro?
- Known for its Italian food, it's great for fresh food and dainty portions. I would definitely recommend the black & white for dessert.
- Go for messy BBQ Southern goodness. Get sauce all around your mouth and wash it back with the ice tea vodka and lemonade cocktail.
- The best BBQ in NY, enough said.
WEST VILLAGE & MADISON
- Another Italian, known for its espresso's and hot chocolate. It's pretty expenny but defiantly worth a trip even for the celebrity spotting...
THE GREY DOG
- A little slice of Brooklyn in Manhatten, a great affordable menu with the best breakfast I had in NY.
Not really an 'eatery' but the chocolates awesome and it had to be thrown in...
JACKS WIFE FRIEDA
- A popular little cafe, it's great for brekkie, lunch & dinner. If you want something light and quick, go here.
I will add that eating well in NY is a lot easier (and cheaper) than eating well in London. There is a Cafe/Restaurant on every corner and whilst some of them are pretty crap the majority reign superior. However the best places I found where down town, the prices are generally better and the portions heartier!